On 30th March an agreement was signed between Maritime University of Szczecin, represented by the Rector Prof. DSc. PhD. Eng. Master Mariner Stanisław Gucma and MUS Innovation Centre LLC, represented by the CEO Konrad Frontczak. The agreement was signed on the choice of the business Operator for Centre of Risk Analysis.
MUS Innovation Centre will be responsible for commercial usage of Laboratory capabilities.
The Laboratory consists of seven workstations:
- Solid Works
- DNV Phast
- IWRAP MK
- and analytical software (Statistica, ITEM).
Here will be carried out such research works in sea safety, port’s area and off-shore constructions, as follow:
- Research on ship traffic lanes in navigation routes, approaching channel, port channels.
- Research on ship traffic streams in navigation routes, approaching channel, port channels – technical-exploitative parameters.
- Research on the streams of goods transport , especially of dangerous goods transport in navigation routes.
- Research on navigation routes – their gearing to ship traffic streams.
- Research on potential effects of vessel collision or a vessel with hydro-technical structure, also an off-shore construction with underwater pipelines.
- Research on potential area of polluted ecosystem as a result of vessel collision.
- Determining by simulation methods of the technical domain on ship damage in the effect of collision.
- Determining by simulation methods of the technical domain on hydro-technical structure, also an off-shore construction and underwater pipelines.
- Optimisation of port’s hydro-technical instruments.
- Determining by the human error’s distribution in various occupational class.
- Planning of rescue operations and elimination of the breakdown effects.
More info here: www.maritimerisk.eu.